Friday, January 31, 2003

Just Not Enough Tragedies

Here I am again. Surprise surprise.

Today was eventful, news-wise (which isn't a good thing). The train derailment added another bullet point to the list of terrible events that have been constantly going on. I guess there were always tragic events happening but before September 11, I never paid much attention to them. What scares me is that this train derailment was so close to home. My brother could've been on that train. People were just going somewhere (maybe work), reading their newspapers, books and then BAM, forget the "these things don't happen to me" notion that I have, although consciously I know that these things COULD happen to me. Just because they haven't yet, doesn't mean they never will. And that's what scares me. All the lost lives who have families and friends. It's scary to know that these sort of tragedies happen in most daily of tasks.

I went to the movies today with April. After that I handed a few of my resumes in hope of getting a proper job that I won't mind doing. I'm not expecting anything. The woman in Dymocks was so rude. I just asked her if they were hiring anyone and after she said, "NO!", I asked when they will be and she said, "WE WON'T BE!!". There was no need to be like that. Well, at least I know that I won't be working with her.

I also talked with April about our TV show that we're writing. We decided that we'll have to re-write all the episodes because they are not going anywhere and are not as funny as we first thought they were.

I really want to get the show on TV and I'm very driven for it to be done. And when I'm that ambitious about something, things get done. I just have to not lose that drive, which is what happens usually with all my projects. I have such a short attention span, but I think I mentioned that before.

No comments: