Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hen's Night

This time next week I will be getting ready to cross over to the other side. The married side, that is.

Last week has been so busy I didn't get a chance to blog about my Hen's night. I have to leave in 30 minutes so I'll quickly do it now.

It was almost everything I wanted my Hen's night to be. By 'almost' I mean that there was something missing. I'm not sure what. I had such a great time anyway. All my close friends came. There were 12 of us altogether. We were really dressed up for our theme and the photos turned out great.

We ate, talked, danced and even saw a couple of strippers that were organised for the other hen's/buck's night at the same place. I found the whole thing quite disgusting because I couldn't stop thinking what these people's partners would think. But hey, they probably got their own.

I must've been really naive but I thought a stripper just does a dance while taking his/her clothes off. The male strippers were actually touching the women and almost simulating sex. It was gross. The guy from the buck's night got two girl strippers who touched not only him but each other and got completely naked at the end.

When I told David about it, he got annoyed at me for going to that place. How was I supposed to know people from the other groups would get them! Not like I intentionally organised it!

Nadine said that she would only marry Dean if she could have the hot fireman stripper for her hen's night. She also divulged too much information when she said that girls can kiss better than guys and not to diss it till you try it. She also completely freaked out my conservative uni friends.

My other school friend, Beth got up on stage in front of everybody to dance the macarena. All other peope at the place followed her. The guys from the buck's night thought she was the one getting married. She and Nadine got chatted up by 50 year olds from the buck's night. It was really disgusting. When they tried to make conversation with me - "Come on, dance with me!" I ignored them completely.

April looked absolutely beautiful with Amelia's makeup. I seriously considered asking Amelia to do my wedding day makeup. I guess it helps to have amazing skin. She also had her hair done in beautiful waves, the way she will for my wedding.

Everyone commented how I lost a lot of weight which was emphasised by my tight dress. It felt so good to be able to wear it and not worry about any uneven bits coming through. I love the dance class I went to. I wish I could keep going so I could keep my current shape.

I can't believe my hen's night is in the past now, after looking forward to it for so long. Now I'm looking forward to the wedding!

2 comments:

toey said...

It seems like only yesterday that you created this blog. Unbelievable sometimes how fast time passes us by.

Amie said...

I know! i still can't believe it! I hope you keep blogging after the wedding Sky!