Friday, November 23, 2007

Life: Found

This is it.

Tomorrow I'm getting married. I have started getting butterflies in my stomach since yesterday.

As you might realise, a wedding was the whole purpose of my story "In Search of a Life". After several years of wanting, desiring, craving the "happily ever after", I'm about to get it. I always knew that I would keep the blog until I found love and excitement because that's the 'life' I was searching for.

I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get it. Sometimes I expected to be blogging about boring single life in my nineties (if I ever lived that long because we all know statistics say that single people don't live as long as married ones).

When I first started blogging, I was a university student preparing for adult life. I lived with my parents and brother, I hung out with a group of close girlfriends from high school. I worked casual jobs. I dreamed of an exciting career in film/television.

Most of all, I just wanted to know that I wasn't alone in my single misery.

Now I have a permanent full-time job as a designer with great hours and handy location. It is definitely not as exciting as the movies but at least I gave the movie biz a shot and realised that it wasn't practical for me. I have my own home, something I never dreamed of to have at my age. I have overcome the "dancing curse" and have discovered a new joy in Latin dancing. I have kept the same friends and even found a couple of new ones.

Of course, the biggest and most important part is that I have found my RG and I have no doubt of his love for me. He's the one who brings my life the most happiness.

Now I want to tell those people who are searching for something more that it is possible. And not just for everybody else, but for you. Yes, you.

So as my blog was supposed to encourage me to go out and find the Right Guy, which it didn't, I have found him anyway (or he has found me, as he likes to think). He has a name, an active mind, a kind heart and now he has me. My search for a life (and everything I always wanted life to be) has been successful.

In case you're wondering, this not an ending. This is another beginning.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful wedding day!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sky! Hope your wedding day was everything you dreamt it to be.. may you guys have a wonderful life together.

Janice
www.lovestarry.wordpress.com

toey said...

Congratulations Sky, keep on achieving your dreams!

Amie said...

congratulations Sky! I look forward to hearing how your wedding was! I was at a wedding myself on Saturday in the Hunter Valley - it was perfect as I am sure yours was too :)

Dav DiDi said...

Yeah .... I'm searching to complete the book of my life too ..

Anonymous said...

Hye Sky, I've been reading your blogs since last year, and i really enjoyed it. It seems like i've known you for a long time. I'm happy that you're finally settling down with The One. Congratulations! Hope your wedding day turn out to be as you imagine it to be..

Have a wonderful life together!

-Nana from Malaysia

S.S. said...

Sequel?

go pro hd said...

Great days for your wedding.. Thanks for sharing.