Friday, June 08, 2007

Off to POB

In two days I will be in POB. I really cannot believe that tomorrow I will be flying there. Time flies so quickly.

Today was the first day I actually got excited about going. Before, it was more of a "I gotta see my grandparents because I don't know when else I can" but now it's like "YAY!!! I'm going to Europe!" And yay, I'm leaving the busiest time at work to enjoy myself while my manager and other worker scramble madly to cope.

I've also been told that Elaine is happy to take me out while I'm there and return the favour. I'm very happy about that as otherwise I'd probably be stuck with my Mum and grandparents. My cousins are not exactly the types to take me out to good places.

I'm a bit fearful of the danger factor when going to POB but I guess it's always scarier when you're not there. Going on about your life over there makes you not notice it so much.

Everyone at work was jealous because they wanted to go instead of me to one of the most interesting cities in Europe. The best part is that I will actually understand the language.

Things I'm most looking forward to are POBian food, television and radio (which I'll probably get over after a few days) and of course seeing my grandma who is absolutely hilarious. And maybe she can introduce me to some of her well-known friends.

One thing I'm a little bit annoyed about is that I had my second session of SPL yeserday and my legs have some rash on them which doesn't seem to be fading. I don't remember this side effect last time. And it's summer there! How will I go swimming or even wear anything shorter than pants? Anyway, I still have hope that it will go away in a few days as it's similar to the rash I used to get when epilating.

Beauty is pain.

There's this saying in POB which parents tell their kids when they get a scratch or a bruise, "It'll heal before the wedding". I really hope this heals before my wedding!

April is going to Europe too, straight after I come back so I won't see or speak to her for five weeks! That's going to be weird since we speak at least once every week and are always up to date with each other's lives, even the most miniscule details (e.g. "A guy sat next to me in the lab and he's talking really loudly on the phone. Now his friend came and they are talking really loudly together. Ok, they left.")

Not seeing David for two weeks will be weird too but we'll probably talk on the phone. His Mum told me to enjoy my time there and do lots of crazy things because David won't find out anyway! David wasn't pleased with her encouraging me to do things she was hinting at.

I'm disappointed David won't be able to meet me at the airport when I return as I always wanted to experience such a romantic scenario. Unfortunately his university decided to make him sit an exam at that time. Seriously, no considerations. However, he will come to the airport with me tomorrow and we can have a not very romantic good-bye. With my parents there (as April pointed out when I told her of the situation).

I still haven't packed so I better go and do that 'cause David will come over soon. Too bad he won't fit into a suitcase.

No comments: