Monday, December 15, 2003

The Younger Guy

Ok, so Ben isn't just a few months younger. He's over a year younger. I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach. Thanks to my net stalking, I mean research skills, I have found out his date of birth. He has a whole profile of himself on MSN and ICQ. I also found out that he's interested in religion. I'm not sure if he's interested in it theoretically or if he takes part in the process. If he does, I won't feel so bad for disliking him because of his age.

I talked to April about it and she said that I should stop being stupid and not discriminate against him on the basis that he's almost 13 months younger. She pointed out that the wedding that she's going to this Saturday, the bride is a year older than then groom and they are perfect for each other.

Why do I have to annoy myself so much. I even forgave Max his lack of tertiary education but I can't forgive Ben his age. Why did he have to be born a year after me?!!! This is driving me insane. It's so hard to change my life-long principles.

I feel like a divorced middle aged woman looking for a 2nd husband who has to question everything she believes her partner should be like.

Ben asked to meet up. At first I didn't know if I should but then April convinced me. She said that she would. I guess I have nothing to lose. He may have suitable older friends. I'm selfish, I know.

Do you think it's weird to go out with a guy who's younger?

No comments: