Thursday, April 15, 2004

The Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous

I watched "Newlyweds" yesterday and I couldn't believe that Jessica got Nick a $55000 watch!!! Well, actually I can believe that she got it.

But seriously, even if I was the richest person on Earth, I still wouldn't want a $55000 piece of jewellery. For heaven's sake, you can buy a car with that, and a good one too!

And who would get table top dancers for your husband's birthday party?! That's just ridiculous. It really is. And she popped out of the cake dressed as a stripper in front of all those people, including her family. I was talking to my brother about this and he said, "Did you see her Mum?! She probably said something like 'Come on Jess, you should dress up really slutty, it'd be fun!'"

But it's all those elements of sillyness and impracticality in the lifestyles of the rich and famous that makes the show so irresistible to watch.

No comments: