Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Dancing with David

David and I finally enrolled in a dance course together. We are going to be doing 2 hours of (Ballroom and Latin) dancing every week.

As you can imagine, I was really looking forward to it. Since it's a local class, I didn't expect to see many people so I was quite surprised to see all ages of both males and females in the class.

David and I had a 'conflict' before the class even began. It was very stupid but I got very annoyed nonetheless. Fortunately, dancing has the ability to make you forget why you were irritated in the first place and brings people back together.

As we were doing the "Slaoo, slaoo, quick, quick" of the Slow Rhythm, David said, "Baby, I'm a natural at this!" Just then, the elderly instructor came up and said, "Young man, let me show you how to do this correctly".

I tried not to smile. After the instructor left, David's ego said, "Ballroom dances are so uptight! You can't have any fun". I told him good dancers have to be versatile. He poked out his lower lip like an upset child and said, "Why does she have to pick on me?"

I tried to comfort him, "She's only telling you this because she knows you've got potential to be really great, unlike the others who have no hope". He didn't seem too convinced, but it was starting to get much easier to dance with him.

When we were instructed to rotate partners, I obviously stayed put. Then an elderly lady came up to us and said, "It's time to move on". We both shook our heads, not even looking at her. Then, this lady tapped me on my shoulder and told me that it was her turn to dance with David. She didn't look too nice when she said it either. David pulled me closer and I explained that "we'd like to stay together". The lady looked confused for a moment but then grumpily moved on to a male closer to her age.

I had my time of rotating and dancing with weird guys. Now I wanted to dance with my hot naturally self-assured boyfriend.

We learnt the basics of Rumba next. It had the Latin feel of the Salsa so it came a lot easier to both of us, even though it was supposed to be the more difficult dance.

I really enjoyed myself and can't wait till the next lesson!

No comments: