Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Guess What?

I no longer have a boyfriend. I have a fiancee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still in a bit of shock 'cause even though I've been waiting for this and expecting, I still can't quite believe it.

Maybe I need some time for the whole thing to sink in.

Haven't told April yet 'cause it's late but I can't wait to do it tomorrow.

David convinced me to take a day off work tomorrow. Not sure what excuse I'll use. I wonder if "I'm engaged" is good enough.

Don't think I can sleep tonight.

Telling my parents was nerve-wrecking. I was too worried my Mum would cry but she held up.

I know it's a big deal but I don't want other people emphasising it.

I wonder how other people feel straight after being engaged.

To be honest, I'm a little scared. Even though I've given this a lot of thought (before David asked me to marry him), I still feel nervous. Is that weird?

I think I'm better now than I was a few hours ago.

Oh. My. God. I am getting married!!!!!!

8 comments:

toey said...

Congratulations Sky!
The timing is so right!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sky! Awesome news :)

Amie said...

holy crap sky! that's fantastic news! Congratulations!

Amie said...

oh and can you show us a pic of the ring!?

Sky said...

Thank you, everyone!

Toey, why do you say the timing is so right?

Amie, I don't have the ring at the moment as it's being resized.

Anonymous said...

I actually feel like tearing up a little bit I can't believe it. From remembering back towards the beginning and the 'fun' of singleness to now being engaged.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sky said...

Thank you Lily! :) :) :)

toey said...

Because it's not three weeks ;)