Wednesday, April 18, 2007

In the Mind of a Person in Love

I'm up to the last episode of my POBian TV show. It's the best love story, ever. I just can't believe I'm up to the end now. 200 episodes.

The premise seems so simple - girl falls in love with her boss, boss tricks her into believing he loves her, the trick backfires and he really falls in love with her, girl finds out he tricked her and can't forgive him, boss proves he really loves her, they get married and live happily ever after.

Sounds like some typical soap-opera. Only the events and the characters are so life-like that it's hard to believe that the whole thing isn't real.

There's this bit where he reads her diary and then recites it back to her in a desperate bid to show her that he knows she still loves him. Seeing the growing discomfort in her face made me feel like for that moment I was her and could feel every emotion she was going through. That's how good the actor is.

Only a truly great show/movie can transport you into someone else's mind.

Seeing the deep love the two characters have for each other makes me miss David more than anything. I imagine us being the two main characters in a TV show and that it was fate that brought us together, like no matter what, we were always going to be together. And as you know, I don't even believe in that stuff.

Seeing the main characters prepare for their wedding made me think about mine. I mean, with all the organising and planning, the anticipation of what is going to happen at the end of the year has gone. It's become a normal part of my life. I have to stop myself to reflect on the fact that what I've dreamed of for so long is going to come true. Really, it already has.

I'm the luckiest person to have found my dream guy already. He makes me laugh, he makes me happy. I think of something he did or said and I can't help but smile. My heart is now full.

No comments: