Saturday, April 07, 2007

My White Dress

I got the dress today!!!

I can't quite believe it. I've tried this one on a few weeks ago but they only had my size in ivory (and I really wanted white) and it was a little too heavy for my liking. It was also a little out of my price range (even though it was reduced from $2500 to $1250). Once I left the store, I couldn't stop thinking about it (especially after I tried on many others).

Today, my Mum and I went to a place which had lots of bridal dress shops. I walked into the same shop that I've been to in another suburb and saw the same dress, in white but a size larger. The sales person convinced me that it was easy to make it smaller. I still struggled with the price. I could've easily gotten a simpler dress for $800 or used the one a family friend gave me (for free!). I could've saved lots of money but I decided that I just really wanted the out-of-my-budget one (typically).

The more I looked at it in the mirror, the more I wanted it. So I bought it.

There went my plan on saving money on a dress.

I'm starting to realise that there is no such a thing as 'saving money' on a wedding.

No comments: