Monday, November 17, 2003

My Nice Work Day: Paradox

Work was fun today! I know, that's quite unusual.

I was told to look after 2 employees. It felt weird having women (40 and 20 years older) asking me what I wanted them to do. And they were overly nice, the way you are nice to managers. It felt so weird! But having a bossy nature, I couldn't help but enjoy every second of it!

April and Claudia came to visit me today and we had lunch together. That's always nice! It's nice of them to come out just to see me! Love them.

Then Jeremy (the gossipy team leader) was nice to me. Actually you won't believe what he told me last week (I think). He said that he always asks me to do stuff because he knows that I will do it well and 'cause I'm the most reliable. What an unexpected compliment! Of course he had to turn it into gossip by saying that the other casual, Tamara (who is a very nice girl) isn't reliable at all. I tried to defend her and say that he won't give her a chance but he just said that he'd rather just ask me. How would you feel if someone is being nice to you at the expense of saying bad stuff about another person?

Anyway, today he asked me how old I was, again. Is it that hard to remember?! He then asked if I drink. What do you think?! He then said, "You should come out with us sometime". Now, on one hand I'm happy he asked but knowing him, I started wondering that if he knew more about me, he'd have more to gossip about. I should've asked him, "Who's us?" but I didn't think of it at the time. I wouldn't mind going out with them to see what kind of people 'us' is but I've been told by one other girl to never go out with them (the last time he asked me) 'cause she made that mistake once. She said it in a joking way so I don't know what she meant. I don't even like Jeremy that much but I need to meet more people.

And you won't believe what happened when I was going home! I was waiting for the train when I heard Jeremy's voice. I checked and it was him with Patrick (the other guy who works with me and the one that I thought had boyfriend potential). They didn't see me and I didn't feel like running after them when the platform was so crowded. What are the chances of both of them living on the same train line as me?!

No comments: