Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Relatable Quotes

I can not believe that I finished that assignment yesterday!!!

But now I have to study for an exam on Friday, ugh. I've studied some in the morning so now I'm taking a break.

Not much to report from here.

Chatted with April yesterday about the depressing reality of never getting married. We've started a collection of things that we can relate to about our problem. One of them is the new Robbie Williams's song "Something Beautiful". The lyrics go like this:

You can't manufacture a miracle
The silence was pitiful that day.
A love is getting too cynical
Passion's just physical these days
You analyze everyone you meet
But get no sign, love ain't kind
every night you admit defeat
and cry yourself blind

If you can't wake up in the morning
Cause your bed lies vacant at night
If you're lost, hurt, tired or lonely
Can't control it, try as you might
May you find that love that won't leave you
May you find it by the end of the day
You won't be lost, hurt, tired and lonely
Something beautiful will come your way

The DJ said on the radio
Life should be stereo, each day
In the past you cast the unsuitable
Instead of some kind of beautiful, you just couldn't wait
All your friends think you're satisfied
But they can't see your soul no, no, no
Forgot the time feeling petrified, when they lived alone


How I can relate...

April sent me this quote from 'Friends':

Rachel
Okay! Y’know what? I realized it was stupid to get upset about not having a husband and kids. All I really needed was a plan. See I wanna have three kids...

Phoebe
Oh let me guess, and you wanna have them all at the same time and you wanna have them for your brother.

Rachel
As I was saying... I should probably have the first of the three kids by the time I’m 35 which gives me five years. I love this plan! I wanna marry this plan!

Phoebe
If you could do that, I’d marry the hippity-hop.

Rachel
So, if I wanna have my kid when I’m 35, I don’t have to get pregnant until I’m 34. Which gives Prada four years to start making maternity clothes! Oh wait, but I do want to be married for a year before I get pregnant.

Monica
Really! That long?! (Chandler slowly turns and looks at her.)
(To Chandler) Look all you want, it’s happening!

Rachel
No, so I don’t have to get married until I’m 33! That’s three years, that’s three whole years...Oh, wait a minute though. I’ll need a year and a half to plan the wedding, and I’d like to know the guy for a year, year and a half before we get engaged… Which means I need to meet the guy by the time I’m thirty.


I love 'Friends'! Andrew taped that episode so I'm going to watch it.

Here are some more from "While You Were Sleeping":

- Or have you ever, like, seen somebody and you knew that if only that person really knew you, they would... Well, they would, of course, dump the perfect model that they were with and, and realize that you were the one that they wanted to just grow old with. Have you ever fallen in love somebody you haven't even talked to?

- Life doesn't always turn out the way you plan.

- Well, we've, we've never actually spoken. But I know someday we will. I know it.

- I just know it. And I know that someday I will find a way to introduce myself.

- And and then that's gonna be perfect. Just like my prince.

No comments: