Sunday, November 02, 2003

Work Pains. Strangers. Travel.

I've neglected my blog for a while. There were just too many assignments to do while talking to April (on MSN). I can't do everything at once!

Anyway, I've had work today. I'm so sick of retail! How can people stand working all their lives in a shop? I guess some have no choice but still!

As I've realised, it's your work mates that make your work either bearable or impossible to withstand. I like this job's much better than the bookstore one but some of the people I don't particularly like. I don't think they know the meaning of being friendly. Every time I say or ask them (a few girls) something, they either ignore me or give me looks as if I killed someone. Not everyone there is like that though. Some are very nice but they weren't working today. And Jeremy is such a pest. He tries to be funny but he is just so immature and says the stupidest things. He irritates me so much. He tries to boss me around 'cause he's been there for longer and I have to do what he asks 'cause the managers listen to him and I don't want him to gossip to them about me (since gossiping to him is like breathing to everyone else). Argh!!!

April is not having such a good time at her store either since all the middle aged women there are really condescending which I can totally imagine. Now she knows how I felt when I worked at the bookstore.

I really need a proper job!

Well, enough about jobs. At least you get money for working (even if it's not much).

In other news, Max messaged me today. Don't know how I should feel about that. It's like I get the same message from him every few months :

Hey stranger. How you been? I've been busy with work and all.

God, grammatical mistakes irritate me! He is a little irritation in itself. (No grammatical errors here!)

After exchanging a couple of messages, he hasn't replied again so I'm guessing I won't hear from him for another few months.

Hey, did I tell you that my Mum gave some guy my number a few weeks back? Well, he hasn't called. Surprise, surprise.

April and I have decided that we have some curse that prevents us from getting boyfriends. We have analysed our situation to bits over and over again and have come to the conclusion that we might not ever get boyfriends.

It's so nice to be able to talk to her about it. Andrew doesn't have to hear my complaints as much anymore.

Christine visited me yesterday at work. That was a pleasant surprise. Jeremy kept looking my way suspiciously, as if he never talks to anyone. All he does all day is chat and gossip.

I should stop turning this entry into one about work since I've had enough of it.

I'll change the subject to something more pleasant, such as going to USA next year with Lauren! Just thinking about it gets me so excited! I've always wanted to go to America since so much revolves around it. I just absolutely can't wait! Does anyone have any travelling tips that might be useful?

No comments: