Thursday, December 28, 2006

Daytime TV Escapism

I watched 7th Heaven today and felt all warm and fuzzy inside. I can't believe that show is still on. The kids have grown so much!

Here is how I remembered the youngest daughter:



Here is what she looks like now:



Firstly, she looks like she's adopted and secondly, that show is quite addictive. Right now the middle boy is about to get married, and the middle girl already has a kid.

All of them get married young. They haven't even finished college.

Like April would say, this type of TV show is escapism. It's almost like leaving your life and being invisible in someone else's large family.

In TV shows like that, everything seems to be going on in very small confines, creating a geographical intimacy, something that's quite difficult to recreate in real life.

It's fun to imagine being part of that family. Who would I be? Another sister or someone who happens to live there by other circumstances? I always imagined myself to be Lucy - the middle over-emotional but fiery child.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next instalment in that family's saga.

Being home is proving to be great, something I haven't had in a while. Unfortunately time is flying fast and before I know it, I'll have to be at work again.

No comments: