Friday, December 22, 2006

Reflecting on 2006

This is becoming my annual blog tradition so here it is.

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Belly dancing, samba

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No

5. What countries did you visit?
None, but I explored some more of my state.

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A husband and a permanent job.

7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
David and my 1 year anniversary. We had the most incredible time. Ahh...

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Proving myself at work leading to an extension of my contract. (I hope I don't jinx this and not get it extended again. A little scared.)

9. What was your biggest failure?
None I can think of!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I slammed my finger in the window and it still hurts. Also some teeth problems (my fault, ate too much chocolate)

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new lovely red shoes and the dress I still haven't had a chance to wear.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
David's and April's and Claudia's.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one actually.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Savings

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing David and extension of my contract at work

16. What songs will always remind you of 2006?
Heaven by Bryan Adams

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter (driving to work does that to you)
iii. richer or poorer? richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Dancing

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eat unhealthy food

20. What are you glad you did more of in 2006?
Read

21. How will you be spending Christmas?
Probably with my parents, grandparents and David

22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yes, all the time.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
The POBian show, How I Met Your Mother and Desperate Housewives

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No

25. What was the best book you read?
The Dirty Girls Social Club by Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez. Just so satisfyingly enjoyable.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ricky Martin (no laughing! I'm in love with his Spanish songs)

27. What did you want and get?
A job in my profession

28. What did you want and not get?
An engagement/wedding

29. What was your favourite film of this year?
None. I'm very disappointed with the current state of cinema.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 22 and I spent a wonderful evening with my closest friends at a POBian restaurant.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
An engagement/wedding

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Various - from sporty to fun to chic and anything in between

33. What kept you sane?
Nothing and no one. I was insanely in love and could not be snapped out of it.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
None

36. Who did you miss?
David

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Some women from work

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006
Enjoy the present because soon it will become the past.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
Baby you're all that I want
When you're lying here in my arms
I'm finding it hard to believe
We're in heaven

40. What will you be doing to ring in 2007?
In the city with my friends and going to visit David at work at midnight.

Another year over...

No comments: