Saturday, December 16, 2006

New Year

My sorrow disappeared, having left a shadow for memory
And quietly, for ever saying goodbye, day left
The whole world is waiting for a miracle, in windows of large houses
Snowed-in city will wait for its dreams

New Year, forgotten garden in the snow
I can't anymore live without you, as before
At New Year's Eve, dreams come true
Melody and you - saviour and hope

Firewood will burn in the fireplace, only ashes will be left
And you, from now on, don't hold malice for me
You'll be daydreaming of summer, your hand warming a glass
We're the only ones in the universe, I waited for you

New Year, forgotten garden in the snow
I can't live without you anymore, as before
At New Year's Eve, dreams come true
Melody and you - saviour and hope


Listening to POBian holiday songs makes me remember... the magic, childhood, chocolates in snowman shaped boxes, snow, sliding down iced hills on cardboard...

I talked to my grandma who lives there and she said it's beautiful there now. Coloured lights everywhere. But the weather is really warm for this time of year. The temperature is in positive numbers but no sun.

And here we are, cold in Australian summer.

Had a Christmas dinner with the girls last night. Ellen, Valerie and Beth were there too. Since the reunion Beth was interested in meeting up with us again. The only person missing was Amelia.

I had such a great time! April, Valerie, Beth and I couldn't stop laughing. I think Claud wanted to join in 'cause she kept looking at us but she was sitting a little too far away from us so she was stuck with Ellen and Christine.

April was in a suit, after work. I wasn't used to seeing her so business-like. I wasn't the only one because the others commented about it too. April, the lawyer, I can't quite believe it. She's loving it so I'm very happy for her.

Christine proved her tongue. She said to April, "I can't not tell you but your jacket is way too big for you. I'm sorry, but it is".

Typical. April didn't reply. It reminded me of a few years ago when Christine told April her beloved white cardigan was a grandma looking jumper and that she should get rid of it. Surprisingly, April never wore it again.

April is a very skinny person so all clothes look too big for her so it's not nice to point it out. But as always, whatever is on Christine's mind will come out of her mouth.

Beth was really funny. I haven't seen her in so long, I've forgotten how entertaining she is. She reminded me a bit of Amelia with her 'out-there' comments, but with Beth, they were said in the most innocent way.

After dinner, April and Valerie went to another party so Beth and Claudia walked me to the station. Made me once again appreciate my school friends. My uni ones would've just left me in the middle of nowhere and left, whereas Claud and Beth even offered to walk me to the actual platform. That was obviously not necessary. They told me to be careful.

While the three of us were walking, Claudia (out of all people!) started to tell me how her parents won't let her go on a holiday with Mike and they won't even let her sleepover at his house because they only have one thing on their mind. Beth pointed out that parents don't understand that their kids will find ways to do whatever they want anyway.

Then Claudia asked if David and I got one bed or if we got different rooms when we went on holidays. I tell my friends pretty much everything but whether I share a bed with my boyfriend is something that will always be private and nobody's business. I told her that getting two rooms is way too expensive and ridiculous. I also told her to tell her parents she and Mike can get two beds in a room if they want to travel.

Anyway, Mike's moving out any day now into his new place so I don't think Claudia's parents will be able to stop her from doing anything.

April and I are predicting that her moving in with him is only a matter of time.

Can't believe it's the end of the year already. I find that time seems to be flying lately. I mean, it's Christmas in a week!!!

1 comment:

toey said...

Some of my friends point out that my jacket is too big for me, and I always find it annoying. It almost seems like they can't stand that you're dressed nice, so they have to put you down somehow.

Why am I saying this? April might feel the same way.