Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Shared Reality

While we were driving to my house and having one of those "I'm so in love with you and don't care if I sound sentimental" discussions, David said to me, "You're the only one I really connect with. We share the same reality".

The last part really got me thinking. Shared reality... Very profound.

Everyone has their own concept of reality, right? It's all a matter of perspective. I guess that's when you get 'a click' with a person - you see life in a similar way.

In my life, I only ever had three 'clicks' (not including any childhood friendships). First one was with Nadine, second with April (probably the biggest sharer of my reality) and third, of course David.

You just get in this zone where you know how the other person thinks and feels. Anyone who ever had that click with someone (whether it be a friend or partner) knows just how wonderful it feels.

If only more people shared the same reality.

2 comments:

toey said...

"If only more people shared the same reality"

Someone's been reading up on Hitler's philosophy I see :p

Sky said...

Thank you for putting that lovely spin on my post.