Monday, January 01, 2007

Hello 2007!

I had the best New Year's Eve!! (Of course it could've been a little bit better but considering the circumstances, it was a blast.)

My friends are amazing. I love them. I'm a very lucky person.

Unfortunately I can't write exactly what happened but I can say that April asked for us to "get a room" at the hotel. She meant it as an innocent joke but that's far from how that sounded. I'm sure the guy I was trying to set her up with that worked there won't forget her any time soon.

I was told this guy was "not very tall" and "not ugly" so April was expecting a short not very attractive guy. We were both very pleasantly surprised to see an average height quite cute guy. Just goes to show that you should never trust a guy's description of another guy.

Too bad April didn't get a good chance to talk to the guy. Hopefully something better can be organised later.

When April and I got back to the club where we were before we went to the hotel at midnight, Ella was starting to get very nervous because she was about to meet a guy she met on myspace. She said they talked for 7 hours in the last two days and he was going to come to the club at 1am. She was very open about meeting this guy. It's like meeting someone off the internet is not taboo anymore.

April went to meet him with her while Amelia and I danced. Some guy came out of nowhere to ask me to dance. I politely declined but he stretched his hand out to me and said, "Come on! You look like you're having so much fun. Let's dance!" I was flattered. Guys never asked me to dance before I had a boyfriend. Sometimes I wonder if I look more approachable now that I have one. After I declined his offer, he asked Amelia but she also said no. Don't know why, she could've danced with him.

After April came back (alone 'cause she left Ella with the guy downstairs), I told her about my "Theory of Two" - a guy will only ask you to dance if there's only one friend with you. Guys feel too intimidated by large groups of girls. This was proven again when April left for a moment and the same guy came up again! Couldn't believe he had the guts to ask us to dance after we told him no the first time. Then there were a few other guys trying to dance with us (without asking).

When they played the song from Grease (We Go Together) and it was just me, Amelia and April, I thought life couldn't get better than this - dancing with my two best girl friends. Amelia looked great with her new "Russian Spy" hairstyle and glittery gold retro dress (only she could pull off), April looked beautiful in her black halter dress and her glossy black hair and I felt pretty good in my cotton wringed summery black and white dress and my red shoes and red accessories. I wish I could have a picture of the three of us dancing.

Later, we met the guy that Ella met on myspace. He looked all right but he was quite short. When we left the club to go home, all Ella could talk about was how the guy didn't look like in the photo. She said she felt very confused and didn't know whether she liked him. April and I advised her to meet up with him again to get to know him better. She thought that was a great idea but she was obviously in a bit of a shock because he looked different in photos.

That's the thing with meeting someone from the internet. You get a certain picture of them and in reality they might be very different.

It was a very interesting night. Wished I could spend more time with David but what can you do.

End of a great party always makes me feel a little sad but what cheers me up is knowing that as long as I have these people, I don't have to wait for next New Year's Eve for another fun party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!! Sky and everyone.
I hope that it's gonna be nice this year.

Sky said...

Thanks, Mick! Hope it's a happy one for you too :)