Monday, October 06, 2003

The Club

April and I only talk about our non-existent boyfriends now. It’s like a club now. It’s so nice to know that I’m not the only one who is so frustrated with the whole situation. Maybe I can go to POB. There it’s the norm to be married in your early 20s and most couples get married after a year or so. And although that seems ridiculous, most couples are very happy. I’m still not sure how that works. I think that the way they see it is if they find a deep connection with someone, they don’t wait. They see no point in waiting. My parents only knew each other for a year and they are very well suited. Maybe it’s because lots of people in POB are very deep and intense (from the hard lifestyles). If you talk to a person from POB, you’d straight away notice how deep their thoughts are. I’m not saying that everyone is like that. Lots of people there who live in horrible conditions don’t have any thoughts but the people that my family is around with are like that. Although if I meet a guy there I won’t have a lot in common with him ‘cause we were brought in completely different environments.

It’d be perfect to go out with a guy from POB who grew up here, but I don’t know any.

No comments: