Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Backward Conversations. Family Visitors.

I finally went to that dancing class yesterday! With Christine who was 20 minutes late (not surprisingly). It was just what I expected - the best fun! I got the biggest high from it. I wouldn't mind going every week if it was more convenient to get to. I was so glad that I didn't have to get the train afterwards 'cause Christine gave me a lift home which was nice of her since it's a bit out of her way. On the way back we stopped at her boyfriend's house so she could pick up some of her stuff. I waited in the car but when she came back out, he came with her and you know what I said?

I said, "Hi, good." (Almost in the style of Effie, who irritates the hell out of me.) As if he asked me how I was! I think my brain was moving too fast for everything around me so I said it automatically because I expected him to ask me how I was. He then asked, "How are you?" Man, that was weird! It was like a conversation played backwards. It's good that it was only Evan since I couldn't care less what I say to him. Although I'm being nicer to him now for Christine's sake. If he makes her happy, that's all that matters, not that he was her tutor when they started going out (3 years ago, I think), almost 10 years older than her. I'm sure it bordered on illegal.

The weird thing was in the morning when I called my Grandma to ask her about her little birthday celebration today, the first thing she said was, "Hi, thank you!" and I laughed and said, "For what?" Then when I went to her house in the afternoon, I realised why she said it. It was her birthday!!! Her brain was ahead of her and she assumed that I called to wish her a happy birthday. And I completely forgot! I kept thinking that since we were celebrating it today, it was today, not yesterday. I was so embarrassed so I bought her some flowers which surprised her since we usually get her a present from the whole family. She was then telling me to tell my Mum not to get her any more flowers but I said that if she wanted to get her more flowers, I wasn't going to stop her.

I also got some for my Mum 'cause I kept wanting to get her something for a while to show that I don't have to get her things just on Mother's Day when the Media tells me to. She was pleasantly surprised, which was my aim.

I also got my work shirt for tomorrow's training session. April and I are going to the same one, even though we'll be working in different stores. It doesn't fit properly but I liked the style. It has really wide shoulders and really narrow sleeves. What kind of person would have big shoulders and skinny arms? Is it even possible to have both non-excusively?

I hope the training goes well and that April and I will be on normal speaking terms (not on polite ones). I'll have to tell her that I misinterpreted what Christine told me and she can actually come clubbing on Friday. I hope she won't think that I made that up. Although I wouldn't mind going out on Friday night, I have too much work that I should be doing. And that's not an excuse. And I know they won't go without me cause it's usually not a good idea to go into crowded clubs with only two people. (Amelia is working and Claudia said she has lots of uni work, although she might be finished by then).

My Grandpa (Mum's Dad) and my Aunt Ingrid (Mum's sister) is coming from overseas to stay with us. Aunt Ingrid is only coming for about 2 weeks but my Grandpa is staying with us for 6 months! I think I might go crazy cause he'll be staying in our study (where the computer is) so I don't know how I'll be doing work late at night since he would want to sleep then. And also this Grandpa's habits really get on my nerves so when he stayed with us before, I always used to be in a really prickly mood and would snap at everything and everyone. He means well but argh, he can be so irritating!

After he'll leave, my Grandma (Mum's Mum) is supposed to come over. She's all right cause she has a talent for making any story absolutely hilarious and having everyone in stitches from laughing. My only problem with her is that she's very prying and I just don't want to tell her every detail of my non-existing life. When I was little and used to tell her stuff, she'd always blab everything that I told her to our other relatives and her friends. So I learnt my lesson.

Anyway, the next few months should be relatively eventful.

No comments: