Thursday, October 23, 2003

Darren, Delta and Amiel

Has anyone seen the ARIAs? Yes, that annual show that presents Australian music 'talent'. I've only watched it once, when Savage Garden took like 11 awards. I'm not really a fan of many Aussie bands. Anyway, I caught a glimpse of this year's show and who did I see but Darren Hayes singing Delta Goodrem's "Lost Without You". I know some people don't particularly like him but Savage Garden was my favourite band when it existed and I love Darren Hayes's voice so I was pleasantly surprised to see that he is still singing. And no matter what some people say, Delta Goodrem has an amazing voice too. I think she'd really suit Disney cartoon's songs 'cause it has some sort of magical quality to it.

It's very rare that a band/singer comes out that I just absolutely love, especially from Australia. Savage Garden was one of them. I would really like Delta if maybe I was a bit younger 'cause her songs don't have a lot of depth to them. Does anyone know if Amiel won anything? I really like her song "Obsession". She probably would win awards if Delta wasn't in the same categories. She picked a bad year for her songs. If I were her, I would be very annoyed.

No comments: