Monday, March 12, 2007

My Boyfriend with Good Taste

I got my ring back!

David got it from the store yesterday and asked me to marry him again in his bedroom. I said yes (to be consistent).

And I haven't really taken it off since. My Mum said, "You don't have to wear it to bed".

I was never even into rings but this one I love! People at work said David has good taste. For some reason I kept thinking that his good taste obviously shows in his choice of partner.

I told David yesterday that even though I was very nervous in the first few days, now I'm totally fine and just plain excited. I've made the right decision in several ways.

My friends say I'm very lucky and I know it. I don't take it for granted. I mean with my high standard and limited choice I managed to get a guy that fits my criteria.

Yes, there were some obstacles that seemed unbreakable but somehow we got through them and are better for it.

I was listening to someone getting cheated on, on the radio, and I got so mad. How anyone could deceive their partner is beyond me. Just the evil of it.

Being in love, I really felt for that girl. I think that for a person you love to break your heart is the worst thing in the world.

Sorry, got a bit on the dark side but this is a bit of an emotional time for me. (Like when is it not in the last few years?)

Yesterday at David's house when we were talking about venues, he said to me, "You know I can't go and see all of them. I don't have time." Even though I understood how busy he was (with full-time night work and uni), I still felt a little sad that he wouldn't be able to help me with such an important event.

I tried to hide my disappointment while David went to have a shower. When he got out, he said excitedly, "Baby, I was thinking in the shower and came up with an idea. I will go and see these places straight after work in the morning and let you know if it's worth for you to go there".

That is exactly one of the many reasons I love him. He will always try to make me happy, no matter how inconvenient it is for him. (And he makes good use of his shower time.)

No comments: