Sunday, March 11, 2007

Wedding Location

I always thought planning a wedding is simple. You pick the venue, you choose the dress, you turn up, sign and kiss.

But no....... I was stuck at number one: the venue.

Who would've thought that to book a place you need to do it at least a year ahead? No wonder everyone in Australia gets married closer to their 30s. They have to wait a few years for the venue.

And with an average wedding costing about $20 000, how on earth can someone like David and I afford anything nice?

I consider myself a pretty good researcher and started with full enthusiasm and positivity that I was going to find several options. After 2 weeks, I seriously thought I wasn't going to have a wedding.

However, we've had some luck come our way and it turns out David will finish his exams a week early so we can get one place that was ok on a Friday. Then, I spoke with David's step-sister and she suggested another great place that wasn't advertised anywhere. Hopefully it's still free.

So now, I'm again with hope that my wedding will still happen this year.

No comments: