Monday, March 26, 2007

Still Here

Life has been hectic for me lately. It's gotten so busy that I had to make use of my pocket planner (taken from work and never used until now).

I had something on every day of last week.

Planning a wedding is like a part-time job.

Had some consecutive problems with my eyes. They seem better now so I shouldn't really be online tiring them. (I decided to take 2 days break from the internet and you wouldn't believe how many important emails I missed!)

I lost 3kg in one week which was a bit worrisome (not that I minded but it didn't seem healthy). My Mum thought it was 'cause of stress which was weird since I usually eat more when I stress. David said I was taking on too many things at one time causing me to get overwhelmed.

I'm now concentrating on 1 (well 3) things at a time and I feel better already. I just never thought that it would be so difficult and expensive to plan a wedding and I had fears that after all the planning it wouldn't turn out well or that it wouldn't turn out at all.

Also had some changes at work. My idiot manager lost her job. I guess the big bosses weren't happy with her either. She was very upset. So upset, in fact, that she cried... several times.

I felt guilty for not liking her because before she left she told me how talented I was and that she would be more than happy to give me a reference.

I told a really big fat white lie that she gave great direction and it was great working with her. Oh well, those sort of lies are important. She was already having a horrible week.

Now my new manager is the single 35 year old who I might've mentioned here. She doesn't have much experience in management but she's organised (and hopefully won't kick me out when my contract is up).

On the home front, my brother and I are on speaking terms again which is nice. During our non-talking period, he got himself a girlfriend. A very expensive one who wouldn't pay for anything so he was glad to break up with her last week. I didn't realise how good David had it with me. I mean if you want to be treated equally, you have to act the part.

David said to Andy, "I'm so lucky that way!" Times like these makes me think, "I make a damn good girlfriend".

On the weekend our parents met each other. It went the way I expected it to be - awkward at first but fine later.

We also went out to unofficially celebrate my birthday. David got very mad at my friends because they said they were too tired to stay out late (since we got there after 11pm). He was about to tell them off but I stopped him. I hate unnecessary conflict. I think he was more upset than me.

After he calmed down, we went in to dance which was great fun. He was very sweet. Ria was there with her boyfriend. I was surprised to get a birthday present from her. She congratulated us on the engagemt and said, "I can't believe you're going to be like grown-ups now" and I replied, "Just 'cause we're getting married doesn't mean we're going to be like grown-ups".

This is David's and my philosophy on life - having responsibilities and being independent does not stop you from having good old childish fun.

Lately, I've just been proven over and over again that I'm making the best decision of my life by marrying David. I didn't think it was possible but I'm falling in love with him even more each day.

(After not writing in here for a week, I got worried that this blog would die a slow death where the posts would become more sparse until one day they would all stop. I want to finish this blog on a high note so even though my posts might not be as frequent, I'm still here.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You simply HAVE to keep posting - in the very least, we want to hear about the wedding!
kath

Amie said...

I second that Kath!