Monday, July 30, 2007

Imaginary World

There is a void in my life now where Harry Potter used to be.

Stop reading now if you don't want to know anything about the book.


There is one bit (out of many) that stood out to me. It was happening when Harry thought he died and his dead school principal explained everything that happened.

"Tell me one last thing," said Harry. "Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

There were so many more memorable moments, I think I might go and read it all again. I predicted that Harry was a Horcrux and that of course he wouldn't die (the whole theme of good vs evil wouldn't have any point otherwise) but the story about Snape really got me by surprise. It really tied everything about him throughout all the books.

I only wish that in the epilogue, we would've been told the professions of Harry, Ron and Hermione. It made me laugh to read that Harry has four kids.

No comments: