Sunday, July 01, 2007

Date with My Future Husband

Last night I saw the type of film I've been craving to see for years.

I Do - how to get married and stay single.

It's a French romantic comedy. It was everything the genre is supposed to be. And with a French flavour.

Light, sweet, witty, funny, authentic and happy. I left the cinema with a huge smile on my face. David enjoyed it just as much.

It was the first night in ages we went out 'properly'. It was just so good. Reminded me of the first days we went out. Freezing out in the cold but staying up all night anyway. Before we started going to each other's houses. The first couple of months. The memories...

Last night, we saw the movie, walked a lot, had some tea and light dessert. Then caught the train back to my house. I guess you could call it 'a date'. Only much better.

It was freezing when we got to my house. Wished I could fall asleep in my personal heater's arms but didn't want to risk my parents walking in on such a sight.

Looked for apartments in the morning and found one!!! I didn't really expect to since we still have some time till the wedding. I'm going to check it out one more time tomorrow and then make an offer. The only thing is that we still haven't got a loan pre-approval. We were going to go to the bank next weekend. Will go to a broker tomorrow so he can speed up the process.

Our only issue now is that since David started a new job and my job is a contract, we might not even get the loan. Anyway, hopefully it'll be ok.

The other thing is that we want to offer a little less than what they're asking for but since the unit is pretty much worth the price, I hope there won't be anybody ready to pay the full price. Then we'll miss out and that would be a pity 'cause it's pretty much everything we've been looking for. The biggest bonus is that it's minutes from the train station. David and I can both imagine living there.

Hope everything turns out for the best.

6 comments:

Amie said...

I saw that movie! was very entertaining and pretty good. I saw it a few months back as a press/preview screening. seen a few really good french ones lately actually. if you liked the light hearted hurmour of 'I Do' may I suggest 'Priceless'? (it has Audrey Tatou in it).

good luck with the apartment!

Sky said...

Thanks, Amie.

I heard Priceless was a drama...

Amie said...

oh no not at all! it's a down and out comedy - very little drama to it. basically a light hearted romantic comedy :) very loosely based on Breakfast at Tiffanys although modern day. set on the French Riviera.
Link to movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482088/ (it's called Hors de Prix in French) There is a movie called 'Priceless' coming out next year that is going to be a drama, maybe that was what you heard about?

Sky said...

Unless the movie that's coming out next year also has Audrey Tatou, I've heard of the same one as you.

(It was playing on my recent plane trip but I didn't watch it.)

Amie said...

that is the weirdest thing ever that they called it a drama!!! seriously it's almost entirely humour. I would say it gave me more laughs and that it's more lighthearted than I Do. Anyways, not to worry, perhaps it's not your thing.

Sky said...

Well, I was interested in it anyway and now even more since you say it's very funny.