Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Cooking. Visit To Grandparents. Guys.

I decided to go to my grandparents' today so in the morning, I wanted to make some cookies (from a new recipe) to bring for them. I followed the instructions very carefully and do I get rewarded with delicious cookies? No. They were good enough to throw out. But I just couldn't do it. The thought of throwing out food (especially a lot of it) brings images of poor kids in Africa and also reminds me of the time and trouble it took me to make them. So I decided to get a little creative and make a new recipe with whatever I could still save. I mixed the pieces of cooked dough with pineapple and according to my brother they tasted quite good. So the ingredients didn't go to waste. Well, some of them anyway.

Grandparents were very glad to see me (not surprisingly). They are the only people who would love to hear me talk about myself for hours. They are also the only relatives who don't expect me to get married after I finish uni. However they mentioned some person's daughter who had a boyfriend (but they said it as part of the conversation, not forced it out of nowhere). It still made me a bit sad and feel as if everyone in the world has a boyfriend except me. And April.

The thought of turning 20 soon is only scary because I've never had a boyfriend. I need time to stop and wait until I get one. But then time will have to wait for a long time and it probably doesn't have a lot of time.

Ok, that was a weird sentence. But I'm not changing it.

I need to talk to April but she's not online.

I watched an Indonesian movie yesterday about a group of five close friends just because it had the same idea as April's and mine never-happening TV show. It was too sentimental though. Ours is more light-hearted.

Speaking of light-hearted shows, I watched a few of them in the last few days. One of them was Neighbours (which is still watchable after all those years). Home And Away is also watchable because of the good-looking actors. I also watched American Idol 3. I don't know if it's just me or if the American version seems to have a lot more stupid people who for the life of them don't realise that they can't sing. How can anyone be so unaware?

In other news Ben hasn't emailed although he was supposed to be back in mid-January. I think I can safely say that it's definitely past 'mid-January'. I wonder why he hasn't. Oh well, I should be used to things like that. I had a strong urge to ask Max if he got my email but thankfully, that urge has passed.

I was proved once again how stupid and immature the guys from my course are. Got an email from one of them about a get together that I won't be going to. Got another one from a guy who's overseas. He only talked about girls in short skirts. No respect whatsoever. I'm sick of guys like him.

Hey, I should probably do a guide thing with summaries of who's who. Don't really feel like it right now though. The email guys were Bill and Warren (respectively).