Thursday, January 08, 2004

Quitting Workmates. Guilt. Dawson's Creek. Beauty.

I'm so annoyed almost all the people from work who I'm friends with are quitting. Without people to talk to and make fun of the trivialities of working in retail, work sucks. My current job is the best one I've ever had, all because of the people I worked with and they all had to go and ruin everything by quitting. I feel like sulking like a five year old. Which is what I'm doing now anyway.

I'll be going to my grandparents' place in a hour because I feel guilty that I haven't seen them for a while. When I called my Grandma to let her know, she sounded so happy, it made me sad. I wish my grandparents didn't rely on us (Mum, Dad, Andy and me) to make them really happy.

I watched Dawson's Creek yesterday. The only thing I liked was how Dawson was trying to make a film about his and Joey's relationship, just like the real creator of the show made the whole thing based on his childhood. Also, it's just not fair how beautiful Katie Holmes is. I think if you look like that, you can get away with anything.

I had this theory about looks. I think people who are perceived as 'beautiful' are the ones that look less threatening and have the most exaggerated friendly face expressions. Sort of how people think that dolphins look friendly because they seem as if they're smiling, even though that's just they way they are. So that's why people like big eyes and friendly smiles because they are associated with non-threatening behaviour. So what people think is beautiful is all based on animal instinct.

No comments: