Friday, January 09, 2004

The Sales Disease

I went shopping yesterday night with my Mum for my brother's birthday present. He's turning 17 tomorrow. After we got him some stuff, I started to have the same irrational reaction to sales that everyone else is having - wanting to buy stuff that I never would want if they weren't on sale. Unlike the general public, I didn't succumb to temptation, even under my Mum's pressure.

Although, now I'm thinking that I really want that skirt for $11. Even though I very rarely wear the skirts that I do have. My problem is that I don't like wearing things that make me stand out, even if I look really good in them. As in the case of that skirt.

I do this really pathetic thing of not wearing clothes I look good in to not get unwanted attention. Usually people do the opposite.

No comments: