Sunday, July 23, 2006

Movie Game

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
3. Post the quotes in your journal.
4. Have readers guess what the movie is.

Quote 1 - guessed by Jen
"I like to look for things no one else catches. I hate the way drivers never look at the road in old movies."

Quote 2 - guessed by Jen
"Or have you ever, like, seen somebody and you knew that if only that person really knew you, they would... Well, they would, of course, dump the perfect model that they were with and, and realise that you were the one that they wanted to just grow old with. Have you ever fallen in love somebody you haven't even talked to?"

Quote 3 - guessed by Mick
"Destiny is something we've invented because we can't stand the fact that everything that happens is accidental"

Quote 4 - guessed by Jen
"The only thing worse than smug married couple; lots of smug married couples."

Quote 5 - guessed by Mick
"Ma, Dad is so stubborn. What he says goes. 'Ah, the man is the head of the house!'"
"Let me tell you something. The man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants. "

Quote 6 - guessed by Jen
Boy: Can I put Cameron back on the list if he promises not to eat?
Dad:You know, that's not a bad idea. Who else can we ask not to eat? My parents and your mother.
Daughter: Why don't we just charge people? That way we can make money on the wedding?

Quote 7 - guessed by Mick
"Have you found Jesus yet?
"I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him, sir"

Quote 8 - guessed by Mick
"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in. "

Quote 9 - guessed by Kath
"My parents want to invite you over for tea on Sunday."
"I don't like tea."
"You don't have to drink tea"
"I don't like parents."

Quote 10
"You must write from the depths of your soul!"

[Hint: "I'm ugly and awkward and I always say the wrong things. I fly around throwing away perfectly good marriage proposals. I love our home, but I'm just so fitful and I can't stand being here! I'm sorry, I'm sorry... There's just something really wrong with me. I want to change, but I - I can't. And I just know I'll never fit in anywhere."]

Not sure if these are my favourite but they are what came to mind.

No comments: