Tuesday, July 25, 2006

RG Personified

Regular readers would know who I mean when I say RG. Right Guy. He was supposed to be the guy who would be right for me. Not a perfect/ideal boyfriend, but just someone who matched me. As time went on, I created a very clear picture of this RG, almost like he was a real person and not just a concept that I came up with.

I knew how he would act, what he would do, even a blurry picture of him. His likes, dislikes, hobbies etc. And I always waited to meet him. I wanted to talk to the imaginary guy inside my head. I wanted to see him in reality. I waited and waited and...

Then I met David. The problem was that he was definitely not RG. Although he and RG might've had some similarities, they were definitely not the same person. I found it diffucult to let David into my heart because in my head only RG was right for me. What if he was out there while I was here with David? That's why I was so certain that David and I couldn't, wouldn't last.

When I no longer could help but fall in love with David, I realised that I was so stuck on believing that only RG was the one I was meant to be with that I was ignoring the best discovery of my life. RG was not the Right Guy for me, it was David.

No comments: