Monday, July 10, 2006

Our Own Little World

My Mum drives me crazy. I wish I was back at P.S. with David. Just the two of us and no one else for miles. David said, "Let's escape together, forever" and honestly that was the best suggestion I've heard in a while. Of course we'd both never do that but it was a nice fantasy. I said, "Let's" and he said, "Are you serious?!" and I said, "Yes," and he said, "Really?" and I said, "I'm as serious as you".

Although we won't be escaping anywhere, last weekend was a nice pretend.

When I got home, my Mum said, "I missed you!" and then she said, "Did you miss us?" I didn't tell her I didn't. I was perfectly happy and didn't miss anything, other than David and he was right there.

Today, she started snapping as usual which really puts me on edge. How can I miss that?!

All I miss is David David David. I know he misses me already too. He sent me a message saying so - I can't stop missing you.

April told me Christine and Evan are moving in together next month. That shocked me. I know they've been going out for years and this was inevitable. I just still can't believe that it's really going to happen. The first out of my friends to make such a big step.

Told David and he said it was not such a big thing. They have been going out for 6 years now. I guess I just always took Christine's words that she wasn't sure about having a future with Evan for real. Out of all people I should know better.

David said he thought Claudia and Nick would be next. I was watching Desperate Housewives when he called (from work) so I didn't ask him to elaborate on his prediction. I mean, Claudia and Nick only started going out a few months before us so why should they be the next ones? Does that mean they will move in together next year? That seems so soon.

Funny I should say that actually because when David said we could get serious at the end of next year when he finishes uni, that's like forever to me.

I guess it's hard for us since neither of us has a secure job. My job might finish at the end of this year and I don't know how long it'd take for him to start working full-time. I wish he was done with uni already. Why did he decide to change careers so late? Anyway... At least I found him, right?

You might remember how I mentioned that he wanted to name his kid after his real Dad but I really didn't like the name. Well, this weekend I asked him what he thought of middle names. He said he'd go for anything I was happy with.

We had a fight too. Over who would make lunch. We both wanted to make the sandwiches with the canned tuna and tomatoes that we had. We compromised. He put the tuna on the bread. I cut the tomatoes and put it on the tuna. It was the most ridiculous scene with both of us making the same sandwich.

He insisted on washing up. I insisted on making fruit salad. It makes me smile that we argued over who would do the work for the other.

We saw Take the Lead. Then we got back to our cabin and practised all the moves David remembered from the film. He remembered all the cool ones. There was this scene where one character said that dancing took her away from everything. That's exactly how I feel about it. There's nothing else that erases all the thoughts from my mind and lifts all the stress.

David talked in his sleep. He kept saying how beautiful I was. He didn't remember saying that when he woke up. I wonder if he says that when he's sleeping at home, hugging a pillow or something.

I miss him so much already, I might explode. And even though it's holidays, he's working all nights till Thursday so I can only see him on Friday. At least we can spend the whole weekend together. We're going to go dancing. I always get in the mood to dance after watching dancing movies.

I wish I was moving in with David. I wish I was getting married. I wish for him to be next to me forever.

No comments: