Monday, July 31, 2006

Future Present

Practical Dad: When are you and David moving in? You'd save on petrol.

Mum: when you and David are married...

The above I hear on a constant basis. I know where my 'getting carried away' gene comes from.

I don't know if my parents enjoy teasing me about David and our future or if they truly believe it's going to happen.

After I told my parents to stop with their assumptions, my Mum said, "If you are not planning on marrying him, what are you still doing with him?"

Is it hard to understand that even though I really do see a future with David, I don't want other people talking like it's 100% going to happen. Maybe subconsciously I just don't want them to jinx it (yes, my subconsciousness is a little superstitious).

Lately I've been thinking that things have been going too well, something is bound to go wrong. Don't know what but thankfully that thought hasn't taken over my life.

Another thing I noticed if that even though I'm quite an irritable person (any sign of immaturity, loud chewing, heavy breathing etc. always got on my nerves), with David, I just turn a blind eye on these things. If another person did what David does sometimes, I wouldn't tolerate it but with him, I manage to ignore this stuff. Love has messed with my nervous system... and head... and pretty much everything else.

No comments: