Saturday, July 01, 2006

Job Swap.

Since yesterday, I'm at my temp job full-time.

The perm job had a little party for me. They got me a cake.

Another two people resigned, including the person I answered to. Everyone's sick of that place. The CEO made me help him put an ad for 5 positions! And he put the company's name in it. Everyone thinks it's going to ruin the company because it looks weird to advertise so many positions in one go. What they don't know is that there are a lot of desperate people out there who wouldn't care.

My manager was just worried that if our competitors see the ad, they'd know something's wrong.

But none of us care anymore because we're not going to be there.

My temp job has so many benefits because it's a government organisation. Any over-time I do is counted towards having days off. So if I do extra 7 hours over a period of time, I get a day off. How cool is that! I caculated that if I work 7 and a half hours every day, in 14 days, I can take a day off. That's only a little over two weeks.

I'm already inundated with work. I have two major projects that the Director wants me to do but another manager gave me heaps of work too. The Director said she will talk to everyone not to give me work. That would be so good because I don't have much time to do these projects and they said they expected to be 'wowed'. No pressure or anything!

Anyway, a challenge should be a good thing. I never thought that being a designer would require my brain to be thinking so much. It's not as easy as it seems to create something out of nothing. My brain doesn't stop thinking even after work. I was driving and all I could think about was how I was going to do these projects. How I would draw different elements that I needed to make them look realistic.

I'm still thinking about it and I should stop.

In Sickness...

David had a whole weekend off work and we had heaps of plans but he got really sick. Poor guy. I went to his house after work to help him out and he was in bed, could barely talk and couldn't breathe. When he opened his eyes, the first thing he said was, "You look so pretty".

I helped his sister make him some food. After he ate, he felt a lot better because he actually got up and started making jokes. He said he was feeling fine and he was going to come to my house today. I told him he wasn't because I didn't want him to get worse.

So I should go and get ready to visit him. I told him I was coming at 12pm.

No comments: