Sunday, August 12, 2007

Close To Your Body

It's true when they say that planning a wedding is like having a part-time job. There are so many things to organise, some of them not as fun as others. One of the things I've been looking forward to is the honeymoon, not just because I'll get to have an romantic holiday but because finally I have an excuse to buy fancy lingerie.

Unlike buying other wedding stuff, buying sexy underwear is not something you can take your friends or Mum to. (Well, I wouldn't anyway. One shop I went to had teenage girls trying them on together to get each other's opinion while their male friend waited uncomfortably outside the change room. Now that was a bit disturbing.)

I have been randomly looking around to see if I liked anything but I noticed that most pricey lingerie isn't even that different. Most of it looks pretty ordinary.

Last Thursday, while I was waiting for David at the shopping centre, I decided to have a look around the specialty stores. I walked into one small shop and was really happy to find really stylish stuff. (For guys fancy lingerie might be just something that turns them on, but for girls it's almost like buying any other nice clothes, you look for a style to suit your taste and something that would make you look attractive and make you feel confident. It's like any other piece of fashion.)

This shop had stuff that was a little bit different to something you'd wear every day. The best thing was that they weren't even that expensive! They were having a big sale so I got two nice sets for $30 each!

Right now I have to hide them in my wardrobe so my Mum doesn't accidentally find it. She's prone to puting stuff into my wardrobe.

It makes me smile to imagine how David would react when he sees me in my new stuff. Although sometimes I imagine him laughing 'cause he's not used to it. Now that would be embarrassing.

No comments: