Friday, August 31, 2007

Wanna Dance Again

I have been getting the dancing bug lately. I want to start up doing classes. I want to finish all the levels of salsa that I've started.

I asked David if he wanted to do them and he refused, saying he was too busy (understandable) and he doesn't want to commit to 8 weeks of classes.

Unfortunately, now I can't go without him as it would be weird dancing with other guys. David said he's fine with it but I know he isn't.

Yesterday, he called me and said that he would do it with me. I was happy but I realised that he will be really tired and will probably get grumpy. I'd feel really guilty making him go after a long day of work and uni without dinner or anything.

We decided we'd get some dvds and learn new moves. Although it's not the same as having the consistency of going to class, it's better than nothing.

I finally discovered one negative side of having a boyfriend - can't focus on dancing as much as I'd like.

I'm also getting to the age where I'm too old for getting to an advanced level (even though it is only salsa, and not ballet).

This may seem really silly to most people but I dream of dancing in a proper show. It's a bit of an embarrassing dream. I'm too old for that stuff.

David asked me why and I couldn't even explain. I guess it's because I love watching dancing shows and it makes me want to be in one.

I've decided to go to samba classes close to my new job. Unfortunately, I will never be doing samba shows as I am never wearing the required costume. I remember talking to one of the dance instructors once and she said she refused to do samba because she does not want to wear the g-string bikini.

It's fun to learn though as it really expands your dance skills. And it's fun.

No comments: