Sunday, August 26, 2007

Furniture Shopping

David and I spent 7 hours shopping for furniture yesterday. Fortunately we both got a bed, two bedside tables, a dining table and chairs. I'm so happy we have our own furniture!

Some salespeople are so annoying though. They think we have time to just chat. They don't realise we've been shopping all day and don't want to stand there listening to why we should get something we don't like.

One guy was particulary getting to me. He said to David (like I wasn't there) that my tastes were old fashioned and that my skin would match the chocolate coloured bed. Like who freaking buys a bed to match their skin colour? Idiot. What a dumb strategy to tell me I'm old-fashioned to get me to buy. I just wanted to get out of the shop as soon as possible.

Our bedroom is a small size so we were looking for a bed with drawers underneath and this stupid guy said that we won't find any 'cause it's old-fashioned. I told him that we just saw quite a few in other shops. This lead him to say that it would match my skin. Then he added, "That's why I like to sleep on a white bed." He also went on to tell us how he buys at IKEA for his kids. Like we cared.

Pushy salespeople annoy the hell out of me.

Some have a bit of a sense of humour though like when one came up to me when I lost David and asked if he could help. I told him I was "just looking" (for David) and he replied, "It's free to look today". It made me smile.

David and I had a bit of a disagreement about the couch. He really liked one that I wasn't convinced about. In the end I agreed but when we went back, the shop closed. David wasn't happy.

Shopping for so long can get quite stressful as David can't take more than a couple of hours and becomes quite difficult. I had to bribe him with ice cream. Not like I don't get tired but it's something that we have to do. It's much better to spend one day there than go several times.

I'm just glad the day was a success. He made dinner for me when we got back to his house. I was feeling very sleepy by that stage so he wouldn't let me drive home by myself. I was sure I'd be fine but he was like, "I'm taking you home. It's not a question." I love when he looks after me.

I dropped him off at his house in the morning. He has heaps of homework. It's always really hard to say goodbye after spending time together, knowing we won't see each other until next weekend.

I also got a chance to do some housework. Really needed to finish invitations but didn't get to it. I'm taking Friday off so I'll do them then. One more week at my job. I'm getting nervous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shallow.