Monday, June 26, 2006

Looking Back Into the Tunnel

Went to the library today and couldn't find one single book to take. I was there for ages and was getting quite frustrated that I didn't want to read anything that was there.

I think after reading a really great book, I don't want anything mediocre.

It'd be good if they could divide the library into two sections - the run-off-the-mill books with their formulaic plots and characters that sell and a section for real books with stories that offer new insights with a humanity quality. I'm just really sick of books that are the same. I want something different, something unique. Any suggestions, anyone?

Work wasn't too bad today. Other than having a lunch time meeting and no time to get out of the office.

I actually started to wonder if leaving the security of this job was such a good idea. Ever since I got new software, doing my work has been a lot easier. And the people are great. Yeah, I still don't have much of a lunch time but I've been leaving almost on time.

Well, it's too late to think that anyway. I'm starting at my temp job full-time again next week. I wonder if I'll hate myself if I don't have a job next year. Although, I'd probably regret not taking up this job if I stayed here.

Lately, the last three years of my life (the 'blogging years') have been flashing in my mind. The whole three years just flash in seconds. Getting through uni - all the moments in class, during breaks, holidays with school friends, April, casual jobs, operation... Then trip to USA. Looking for 'real' work followed by a series of jobs. Meeting David which opened my life to so many possibilities. And now.

Wonder what's next...

No comments: