Tuesday, February 03, 2004

My Favourite Guy

I'm in love with Markus Zusak. I loved him once before, when I was in high school.

No, I've never met him but I feel like I know him more than I know people that I have met.

Yes, I might be going a bit crazy.

A book hasn't affected me as much as "The Messenger" since I don't even remember. Especially the ending. I couldn't even fall asleep because I couldn't stop thinking about it. I felt as if Mark (can I call you that?) was talking directly to me. As if the words reached out from the page and started dancing in my heart.

I had a strong urge to write him a letter, look him up in the phone book or do something drastic. I even imagined meeting him.

Today when I looked him up on the net, I found that last year he gave a public lecture with Melina Marchetta (another favourite author). I'm so annoyed I missed it.

Lots of people idolise music and movie stars. But here I am going crazy about an author. Unlike lots of other books, all Mark's ones are so personal that I feel like I'm reading his inner thoughts. And I can relate to them. And I love them. And I want to marry him.

Just kidding!

No comments: