Friday, February 13, 2004

The Worst Day

I hate Valentine's Day.

Not just because I'm bitter about not having a boyfriend.

Not just because it means nothing to me.

And not just because it's a commercial money-taking excuse for a celebration.

But because there is absolutely no escape from it except at home.

What if I feel like going out tomorrow? Why should every place have a Valentine's theme plastered all over it and every club have some sort of singles party encouraging people to meet your Valentine? What if I just want to go and dance somewhere with my friends without having Valentine's Day always be in my face? It's as if I need even more reminders of my single state.

Ok, so I am bitter. And Valentine's Day means nothing to me. And it is just a commercial money-taking excuse for a celebration. And I should just ignore it and view it as just another day. But I hate it almost as much as my birthday.

No comments: