Saturday, February 07, 2004

Thursday Ups and Downs

Thursday turned out better than I thought, even though it started out quite badly. Elaine turned out to be a really cool person and just the type of person I'd want to hang out with.

Claudia and Amelia were really friendly to her and included her in our conversations even though she couldn't speak English. I was so glad they didn't ignore her, unlike Christine who after finding out that she didn't understand what she was saying didn't speak to her. I got some practise translating really REALLY quickly (to the point where at one stage I spoke English to Elaine and POBian to Claudia).

I had a pretty good time though.

In other news, I'm unemployed. Yes, my Christmas casual position has finished and the manager is not keeping any of the Christmas casuals. Trust my luck to get a manager like that when all the other managers in the store are probably keeping the Christmas casuals. April's store decided to keep her.

The thing I hate most about not having a job is looking for another one. I hate the whole process of sending out my resume and going to interviews and telling the interviewer a lot of BS and the interviewer knowing it. For once when applying for a casual job, I wish I could answer the question "Why do you want this job?" with "Because I need the money". Especially that the interviewer knows very well that it's not because it's a great opportunity blah blah blah...

To top off my day, I got an email from Max. Well the second one after I wrote him. In the first one, he answered my question about why he didn't want to meet me. He said it's because he doesn't see any point since all the other times he met people off the net he never sees them. I, of course, had to ask him what was the whole point in starting to talk again and he said that he just didn't think I'd want to meet him so fast. Fast?! FAST?!!! I've talked to him for 3 years and then another 9 months last year. I didn't want it to turn into another 3 years of not meeting.

He also asked me a question - "What is it that you want?". At first I was stuck because it made me think that I don't know what I want. But then I realised that I know EXACTLY what I want. I want to find the Right Guy but since that's not something he can help me with, for now I can settle for a guy that I'd like to be friends with ie. him. But it's not like I'm going to tell him that.

I don't even know if I really want to meet him. It depends on my mood. Cause I wouldn't want anyone to know so I'll always have to hide it which on one hand can be fun and exciting but on the other tiring.

Argh, I wish I would just make up my mind about what I want from him.

No comments: