Sunday, August 08, 2004

Lecturer Encourages Leaving Things Till The Last Minute

Lecturer Encourages Leaving Things Till The Last Minute

Today, I had a strong urge to organise everything. My room, my uni work... (I feel like I should add more to this list, but if I do, it'd be lies).

I planned what I should do and when, in order to finish all my assignments not only on time, but early. At first I expected this motivation to last until I would actually have to do the work. Sure, writing the timetable might be fun, but sticking to it is another matter.

However, today I've actually done everything that I wanted to and it felt great to have an assignment finished, a number of days before it's due.

But then I get an email from a girl from my class, quoting the lecturer's reply to her question and he basically changed the assignment. Not totally, but enough to make me feel like I should redo it.

So I wasted all of today doing something that wasn't how he wanted it. That is so frustraing. I feel like leaving it the way it is by making plausible reasons how what I did still fits what he said. He said he 'preferred' not to have people do it the way I did it, and we all know when a lecturer says the word 'prefer', everyone would do it that way.

No comments: