Monday, August 23, 2004

Life Romance

Life Romance

I'm sooooo happy. And for absolutely no reason at all. If anything, I shouldn't be in a good mood. I had a toothache for all of the weekend and had to go to the dentist who told me I have two wisdom teeth growing (which will be painful for a quite a while) and I had to get a filling. Due to this toothache, I didn't do any uni work.

I think it's the warm weather. Even though I'm a big fan of winter, the feeling of spring always warms me up. Or it could be the haircut that I got. It makes me look so good that at one point I thought, "Ha ha! to all the guys who are not going out with me" which I admit is pretty vain and childish but it felt good.

And after reading 'Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination', I've realised that I've been romanticising the notion of getting married and having kids young too much which made me so upset that I didn't have that. Now I found a better notion to romanticise about - being a free spirit and enjoying different adventures in life that I wouldn't be able to enjoy if I was married with kids. Like travelling. And being only responsible for myself. This is somthing that I can accomplish and can still think as my life not being wasted.

I'm not saying that I will never whine about not having a boyfriend again, but hopefully I'll remind myself of how I feel today and get over my obsession quicker.

No comments: