Thursday, August 05, 2004

Venting

Venting

It's funny how when I write something about me not having a boyfriend, I get more comments than usual. It better not be out of pity!

You know how when you talk to someone constantly, some things about that person start to irritate you? Well, yesterday I started to get a bit irritated at April. I started to feel that she pulled me down. Not as in "putting me down" but making me feel as if going out and meeting new people was pointless. That started to irk me because I really like meeting new people and going out, and I don't think it's pointless at all. Sure, I also sometimes like to stay in and just hang out with people that I already know but it's nice to have some change in my environment. And it was her attitude that started to annoy me. It's like she doesn't want to even try to have a good time. And that's what I think got to me the most.

Had a really good conversation with Lauren and Sally today. It was a nice change to my conversation with April yesterday. It turned out that Sally met her boyfriend in a chatroom. Deep inside, I suspected it because she is so quiet and I just could never imagine how she could meet her boyfriend in other circumstances. She's quite interesting to talk to though. And funny. I find it very easy to become friends with people who seem very quiet at first but have strong personalities.

When she told me how she met her boyfriend, I reacted in exactly the way that I would hate people to react if I told them that I met my boyfriend on the net. Lauren didn't even bat an eyelash which I thought was pretty cool. Meeting people online doesn't seem as taboo as I think it is. If I met Max when I was 16/17, I would've probably had a boyfriend by now. Oh well.

No comments: