Monday, August 30, 2004

Reminders of High School

Reminders of High School

I saw Kelly today at uni who told me that she saw Nadine (who she only met once at my 12th birthday party). Nadine, of course, didn’t recognise her. When she mentioned that party, I realised how long ago that was and was reminded of my high school years.

I didn’t only hang out with April, Amelia, Christine and Claudia. I had another group of friends (from year 7, way before I even knew those four). Kelly and I weren’t close but we talked a lot. I had some of the best conversations with her and today I realised how much I actually missed them now. How much I missed gossiping with Kelly and how much I missed hanging out with Allison. There were so many people I talked to that I don’t even see anymore. I never really cared until today because it’s not like were such close friends that I could tell them anything, but we had some really fun times. That other group of friends was a LOT more outgoing and I miss that. I guess the reason I don’t really keep in touch with them is because I never felt like I totally fitted in with them, the way I fit in with April, Amelia, Claudia and Christine.

No comments: