Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Unexpected Emails

Unexpected Emails

You know when you are expecting a certain email and you get excited that your mail account's front page says that you got a new one and then you open it and it's something boring?

And I'm not talking about Max's reply.

I met up with Claudia today and she asked me if I was going to Allison's birthday party next week. I had to say no because I knew nothing about it. When Claudia said that she got the email invite yesterday, I was a bit relieved because I didn't check my mail last night. I mean surely if Claudia (who wasn't even really friends with Allison) was invited, then I definitely would be.

So tonight when I was checking my email and the front page said that I had 1 new one, I thought that if it wasn't from Max, it would definitely be from Allison. So when I opened my inbox, there were 2 new emails. Both from neither of them. I was quite disappointed. I wasn't really expecting such a quick reply from Max but Allison! How could she not invite me when she invited Claudia? It just seems so very strange.

I'm actually more confused than hurt. I mean, Allison and I haven't talked for 2 years so it's not really a surprise that I wasn't invited. I was more surprised why Claudia (who she hasn't talked with for even longer) was. Oh well.

Anyway, Claud and I had a great time. She'll be going overseas as well at the same time as me. She's very excited which I can totally understand.

Too bad, we couldn't catch Amelia today who was at a lecture just for the fun of it. Sure! It was probably a guy that was the reason for her attendance to an Economics lecture! Not something most people would go to if they weren't enroled in it. I bet people who were wouldn't even go!

No comments: