Saturday, August 14, 2004

Nostalgia

Nostalgia

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about Olympics? Sport seems to be a national obsession here in Australia. I have other more interesting things to obsess about. And no, I'm not talking about guys. Yes, really I'm not.

I have a new obsession. It's called cooking. Cooking dessert specifically. And to be even more specific, POBian dessert. I've recently realised how much I love POBian food so I've been browsing POBian cookbooks and recipe sites. The thing I love most about POBian recipes is how I don't have to go and buy any special ingredients. POBian dishes use very basic ingredients so it's easy to make something without going shopping.

It's kinda therapeutic because it takes my mind off things and my family isn't complaining. So it all works out.

I've been feeling a bit nostalgic about POB lately. It's not that I want to go back but I have some affinity to the country. Apparently, Elaine (who's back there now) loved her time in Australia so much that she wants to come back soon. When she was here, I got the feeling that she wanted to go back. I hope I made a contribution to her enjoyable stay when I took her out with my friends.
The last few POBian people that I met I felt like I could connect with them a lot sooner than with other people. Although I didn't really believe this when I was younger but having a similar background with another person makes me feel closer to them. With POBian people, the best side of me comes out. I feel like I totally belong. Even with my closest friends I feel like something's missing. I can't put my finger on it but it just feels that not everything is right. It's hard to explain. I don't have the COMPLETE content feeling. Even though it does feel complete, I know it isn't in comparison to how I feel with POBian people.

I haven't felt like this since I was about 13 and started to miss it. Then my family went there for a holiday and I stopped missing it. And now, that feeling is coming back again.

No comments: