Monday, August 09, 2004

Unexpected Reunions

Unexpected Reunions

I bumped into a lot of people that I haven't seen in ages. Well, they bumped into me 'cause I was walking completely oblivious to anything going on around me.

The first bumpee was Beth. She was a wearing a cotton pale flower tunic (not unlike the one that Homer wore in the episode where he gained weight in order to work from home). Was a bit shocked to see her in it, since her style was always sporty. We hugged, asked how the other one was and left. It was weird.

In my class, there was Silvia (which I knew from last week but I forgot to write about it). Silvia seems to have changed from our high school years. Even though she still has her unique wit, she seems a lot more easy-going and social.

After the class I went to the library to research and had the nicest time. I'm being serious here. This was the first time of my uni life where I had to write a proper essay that involved proper library research. Yes, it's true. I felt like I was truly a part of uni life now. There I saw Kirsten. We didn't really talk.

After 2 hours of library research, I went home. At the train station, while I was sitting on the bench waiting for my train, someone came up to my bench and sat very close to me. I turned my head to see Fran. She's a friend of the girl who got married and had a baby last week. We had a nice chat about how you don't need a uni degree to be happy. And finally someone agrees with me about having kids in early 20s. Fran told me how happy her married friend was. And I felt like crying. How much I wish to be in that girl's shoes (but with a uni education 'cause to me it's important).

No comments: