Monday, December 27, 2004

Reflecting on 2004

I saw the following questionnaire at a few blogs so I decided to do it too.

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Gone on a date and visited America.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any and I won't be making any for next year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My Aunt

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.

5. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Boyfriend.

6. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The date I left for America.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Organising my trip to America.

8. What was your biggest failure?
Getting a boyfriend.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Urticaria

10. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My Dad - he was super cool this year.

11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Andy's, when he had his grumpy period because it was so unlike him.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Trip to America.

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Other than my trip to America, I was VERY excited about what the date could've lead to.

14. What song will always remind you of 2004?
"This Love" by Maroon 5

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier and sadder
b) thinner or fatter? about the same
c) richer or poorer? Even though I had more money last year, I didn't actually spend it because I was saving it so it's like I didn't actually have it.

16.What do you wish you'd done more of?
Go out (especially dancing).

17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Obsess less over finding a boyfriend.

18. How will you be spending Christmas?
I've spent it with Nadine.

19. Did you fall in love in 2004?
I wish.

20. What was your favorite TV program?
Gilmore Girls

21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No

22. What was the best book you read?
I've had a few (how could I not):
- The Earth, My Butt and other Big Round Things (Carolyn Mackler)
- Standing in the Rainbow (Fannie Flagg)
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time (Mark Haddon)

23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Kara's Flowers

24. What did you want and get?
I wanted to pass all my subjects so I could graduate and I have.

25. What did you want and not get?
A boyfriend.

26. What was your favourite film of this year?
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 20 and for the life of me I cannot remember what I did. I might've been at uni on that day but I don't even know that for sure.

28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A boyfriend.

29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Funky but elegant. (Always wanted to use adjectives like that to describe fashion styles.)

30. What kept you sane?
Any sanity that I still have left is because of April - without talking to her, I would've gone insane with my anxiety about not having a boyfriend.

31. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay marriage and abortion.

32. Who did you miss?
Andy when he was in his grumpy period.

33. Who was the best new person you met?
Tim.

34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
When something seems totally impossible, it can surprise you. And then disappoint anyway. (Re: Andrew and bus guy and Tim incidents)

Also, friends with whom you can laugh about things that sadden and worry you, are friends you should cherish.

35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

"That's Not Enough" by Maroon 5 is the only one I can think of at the moment.

That's not enough.
I want more.
I want it all.
I want to bang on your front door.
Turn off the lights
And shut out the world.
Cause at the end of the day
Aren't we all just boys and girls?

If I had to sum up my year I would say it went like this:

My life is over.
[Meet guy] Maybe not!
[Never see guy again.] My life is over.
[Go on date] My life is finally changing!
[Date never calls] My life is over.
While my life is over, I go to America to distract myself from my life's end.
[Meet guy] Yay! A guy likes me!
[No future with guy] What was the point? My life is over.

I think we can deduct from that - my year was a rollercoaster with always ending on the bottom but I had some fun along the way.

By the way, I realised that since I'm not a uni student anymore, I should change my blog's tagline.

No comments: