Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Another Anniversary

Last Monday was David's and my 1 1/2 year anniversary. It might not be a big deal to people who've been together for years but it is a bit of a big deal for us.

I met him in the city after work. He was wearing a suit because he went to the parliament for some youth conference. He was very hyped up afterwards and his excitement was contagious. I was really happy he was being active in something that he was passionate about.

I met him in the legal area of the city and he could've easily passed for a lawyer finishing work. He said I looked like a uni student.

We had a nice dinner of Spanish/Latin American food. It was very yummy (and overpriced). We were acting out such a cliche date. We clinked glasses of sangria and held hands across the table, staring into each other's eyes.

I couldn't help but comment on the whole scenario. I said, "I guess we have to act like grown-ups at least sometimes".

He got me a present which was a bit embarrassing 'cause I didn't get him anything. He got me something I've always wanted but would never get for myself. As you might know, I'm a chocoholic and he got me a box of assorted gourmet dark chocolates. He told me that when he went into the store, the first question he was asked was "What's your budget?" He continued, "I thought, you gotta be kidding me, it's chocolate, not a car!"

Even though recently I've been going on about how much I love POBian chocolate, the one he got me was just as delicious. Dark ganache, praline...

He caught the train with me that day and I couldn't lean on his shoulder long enough 'cause we kept talking.

Don't know why but lately I felt like I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms as soon as David leaves. I don't know what to do with myself. I just waaaaaant him. Talking on the phone just makes it worse 'cause I can' t hang up. We talked for at least 2 hours last night. Then when I went to sleep, he called me again "to say good night" which lead to another conversation.

David has started to consider continuing working his new job (which he hasn't started yet) full-time and study part-time because he doesn't want to lose the opportunities that job can bring him. That gave me hope that maybe we can move our 'plans' to an earlier date. Wish he would just figure that out himself without me hinting.

I'll have to wait till he starts the job to see if it's worth changing his studies to part-time. If it's not going to provide him with enough relevant experience, it's not worth it.

Thinking about him working nights started my selfish thoughts to come to the surface. How we won't be able to do stuff during the day 'cause he'll be sleeping and how I'd want to sleep at night when he'd be fully awake.

Anyway, I'm sure everything will be fine.

I just miss him like crazy, especially that I haven't talked to him properly today since he was so tired he went to sleep at 9pm.

I can feel myself turning into a crazy person, addicted to a person and not being able to concentrate on anything else. And there's nothing I can do to stop this obsession.

No comments: